Friday, May 18, 2007

First Week of May

I have been posting monthly training updates, but as the start of the Elite Tour is now just a little more than a month away, I thought I'd begin posting weekly reports.

As I reported earlier, the last two weeks of April I got in 442 and 457 miles respectively. Well I may have overdone it a little. That was a pretty big jump up in mileage from the first part of April when the weather had been so poor. The first week of May I got a pretty bad cold. My wife and daughter had colds and by golly I got one too. So I had to take it a little easier. I did however ride 363 miles for the week with back to back rides of 150 and 109 miles.

The training schedule calls for riding 350-550 mile per week for the month of May. So I was glad I at least got in a few miles over the minimum suggestion and as a bonus for cutting back a little, I got over my cold pretty quickly too. The last thing I wanted to do was keep going too hard and carry that cold with me to the start of the Tour in San Diego.